The Community Business Venture (A GENERAL OVERVIEW DISCUSSION)

A community forum related to all aspects of our first six ABOUT sections. Developing, Building, and Implementing the Business Venture.

Posted on: » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:11 pm #11

Jessica
REFERENCING: Jessica, Post #10, Posted Dec 13, 2017
Although I surely prefer a Democrat in office, right now I am would be willing to donate my ovaries to those in need if only I could have someone like George W Bush back again as a Republican Presidential option. To answer the question, "Do...
none

Re: The Community Business Venture (A GENERAL OVERVIEW DISCUSSION)

Post by Jessica » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:11 pm

My God, the situation is even more dire than originally thought. New research indicates Thomas Piketty's ground breaking book, "Capital in the Twenty-First Century," the recent de facto blockbuster describing economic inequality was underestimated in its effect. In fact, a new study by Osca Jorda ,who works for The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, with his book, "The Rate of Return On Everything," points in the direction of worsening economic inequality. His work squarely indicates the research from Piketty's book underestimated the historical rate of return on wealth.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... a6b31fe6b6

Frankly, we are screwed. Totalitarianism is an arrangement of state power in which the ruling elite control the conditions of political and social existence while subverting the authority of individuals. With worsening economic inequality totalitarianism looms so much closer.

Doctor A, from his post #5 of this topic line, describes the impact of rising economic inequality when he says the resultant consequences are,
Climate change
Terrorism
Drugs and alcoholism
Teen age pregnancy
The effects of money in politics
Pollution and green initiatives
Longevity rates in various demographics
Women's rights
Racism
War
Social and work mobility
Prison recidivism rates
Education rates

And the list goes on...

But there is one root common denominator underlying all of these afflictions and that is Economic Inequality. It is obvious if we could significantly decrease Economic Inequality by decreasing Income Inequality we could ameliorate many of these problems.

The idea for a company, First Rate Crowd, that manifests itself as the very embodiment of reducing Income Inequality, is both brilliant and doable. It is a cohesive and practical mechanism helping to mitigate these problems. This is because it addresses the common core denominator of Economic Inequality. It is with great confidence I support the initiative for this Community platform. Should it be implemented on a significant scale, the world would be a much better place to live.
If ever there was a need to take action against economic inequality, this is it.
Times Referenced: 0

Posted on: » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:31 pm #12

MaureenCarter
REFERENCING: Doctor A, Post #2, Posted Jan 16, 2017
This is interesting! We get to crowdsource ourselves for ourselves

As a volunteer on the site I have been given the opportunity to read the entire plan and I am impressed with its scope and depth. Most importantly, it is one of the...
none

Post by MaureenCarter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:31 pm

If anyone is interested, here is my list of the detrimental effects of income and economic inequality. I am sure there are others but these are the ones I was able to conveniently locate just on this site.

First, here are the ones Doctor A listed.
Climate change
Terrorism
Drugs and alcoholism
Teen age pregnancy
The effects of money in politics
Pollution and green initiatives
Longevity rates in various demographics
Women's rights
Racism
War
Social and work mobility
Prison recidivism rates
Education rates
Here is my list.

Wars (increased)
Terrorism (increased)
Life expectancy (decreased)
Math and literacy (decreased)
Climate change (increased)
Infant mortality (increased)
Homicides (increased)
Imprisonment (increased)
Teenage births (increased)
Trust (decreased)
Obesity (increased)
Mental illness (increased)
Drug addiction (increased)
Alcoholism (increased)
Social and work mobility (decreased)
Impact of money in politics (increased)
Pollution (increased)
Women's rights (decreased)
Racism (increased)

Perhaps Richard Wilkinson who did the video would have a full listing.

Maybe it will take a slap in the face with a wet fish for some people to notice a pattern of problems here. But for me it is quite obvious.
Times Referenced: 1

Posted on: » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:53 pm #13

Jessica
REFERENCING: Jessica, Post #10, Posted Dec 13, 2017
Although I surely prefer a Democrat in office, right now I am would be willing to donate my ovaries to those in need if only I could have someone like George W Bush back again as a Republican Presidential option. To answer the question, "Do...
none

Post by Jessica » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Now we have more news of evil coming our way with the Sinclair Broadcast Group. For those who need a refresher, here is a short video explaining what is happening,
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGIYU2Xznb4[/video]

From my previous post #10,
Here I present five signs of totalitarianism. The presence of any one of these offenses alone casts doubt about a leader's commitments to democratic political leadership. When they occur together, however, they raise the alarm that we may be witnessing a derailment of a political experiment that has taken two and half centuries to refine.
Sign 2: Regime Controls the Truth. Totalitarian regimes insist that they alone know what is true; this official narrative is perfect and closed to debate.
Sign 3: Regime Suppresses Knowledge Producers. Purges of universities, media organizations, think tanks, nonpartisan government administrations, and research institutes are de rigeur under totalitarian regimes.
Sign 4: Regime Invents Common Enemies. Totalitarian regimes energize their base and forge national unity by emphasizing an us- vs them mentality:
The Guardian explains how these reporters were held hostage to repeat the Orwellian message by Sinclair.
By Terri Gerstein, April 08, 2018
These Americans are trapped in their jobs: they need to pay $10,000 to quit
Why would dozens of news anchors recite a Sinclair Broadcast group script? Because their contracts entrap them
Dozens of news anchors robotically intoned This is extremely dangerous to our democracy, after reciting what turned out to be a script by Sinclair Broadcast Group, owner and operator of 193 local TV stations. Dan Rather called it Orwellian, and many have asked in amazement: why would local journalists across the nation allow themselves to be used in such a demeaning way?

The answer is clear to me, as a lawyer with decades handling cases involving low-wage workers: people need jobs. But the anchors may have an even more specific concern: an employment contract that doesn't just bind but entraps them.

Among other things, Sinclair contracts contain a requirement that employees must pay their employers if they leave their jobs before their contract terms end. For example, an employee making $50,000 annually might have to pay in the ballpark of $10,000 if she wanted to leave after one year of a two-year term.

While its plainly illegal to impose a penalty on employees for leaving a job, the contract describes this requirement as liquidated damages. But such damages are allowed only in very limited situations, such as when an employee leaves a job shortly after receiving, at the employers expense, costly, specific, and transportable training. This is hardly the situation for Sinclair employees.

The Sinclair contracts also contain a non-compete clause, barring employees from working for competitors for a set time period after separation. Non-competes have come under considerable public scrutiny of late, covering around 20% of workers, according to a recent report.

Some states already limit non-competes: they're unenforceable in California; banned for low-wage workers in Illinois, and prohibited for broadcast employees in New York and, as of last week, in Utah. Many other states have active legislative proposals.

And even where there is no statute, state case law typically allows non-competes only to protect the employer's legitimate business interests (like trade secrets), and requires them to be reasonable regarding time period and geographic scope. Preventing a journalist from working for BuzzFeed or Facebook anywhere in the world seems, well, not very geographically limited.

Sinclair is not alone in using contracts to reduce worker's rights. More than half of private sector non-union employees can't bring cases in court because they are subject to forced arbitration, sometimes even as a requirement of applying for a job. The furniture chain Raymour & Flanigan contractually slashes the time for bringing discrimination claims in half, with mixed results in court. One New York tutoring company had contract provisions requiring employees to waive their right to apply to unemployment benefits, and to indemnify the company if they applied and lost.

Given the importance of an independent press, the Sinclair example may be particularly sinister. But the use of employment contracts to trap and exploit workers is a growing trend, including for low-wage workers, who may sign the contracts rapid-fire among a pile of papers in the HR office or among a string of touch-screens, and who often don't receive copies of their own contracts. Worst of all, they have no real ability to consult with lawyers or understand what they're giving up; and they have no choice but to sign if they want the job.

Companies that try to limit their liability by hoodwinking their employees into signing abusive employment contracts are taking advantage of the extreme power imbalance between an employer and a working person. People need to put food on the table and a roof over their heads. Abusing that fact to keep people tethered, and to steal away basic rights, is reprehensible. And as the disturbing Sinclair videos demonstrate, disempowerment of workers has an effect that pervades things we value in society ??? among them the free flow of information and journalistic integrity.
My previous post #10 also presents a dire warning from Barach Obama,
Its not that democracy is fragile, exactly, but it is reversible, according to former President Barack Obama.

During an interview earlier this week at the Economic Club of Chicago, Obama reminded his audience to remain vigilant in protecting the values and institutions that make up American democracy or risk following in the path of Nazi Germany.
You have to tend to this garden of democracy, otherwise things can fall apart fairly quickly. And we've seen societies where that happens, he told interviewer Mellody Hobson, president of Ariel Investments, after defending institutions such as freedom of religion and freedom of the press. (Obama admitted, however, that the latter sometimes drove him nuts during his time in the White House.)

So you've got to pay attention and vote, Obama said in video of the event.
I also state in my post #9, under Economic Inequality, Future Concerns: The Singularity, Pitchforks And Torches Will No Longer Be Able To Stop The 1%, where I make the point that,
Once they control the language they will control the laws, once they control the laws they will control the technology, and once they control the technology they will control us.
It sure does look like they are trying to control the language and what is said to me.

The Admin of this site presents some definitions of slavery from 1-B Economic Inequality: The Outrage! FUTURE CONCERNS: THE SINGULARITY, New Age Slavery,
Post by Admin, Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:09 pm
From the Oxford Dictionary and Merriam Webster Dictionary we find the following excerpts for the meaning of slave and slavery. Perhaps you find yourself relating to these definitions when it comes to your job and overall financial condition.

Oxford Dictionary

1) A person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

2) A person who works very hard without proper remuneration or appreciation.

3) A person who is excessively dependent upon or controlled by something.

Merriam Webster Dictionary

1) drudgery, toil

2) submission to a dominating influence

3) the state of a person who is a chattel of another

Sterling then drives the slavery point home from his post #22, from 1-B Economic Inequality: The Outrage! FUTURE CONCERNS: THE SINGULARITY, New Age Slavery
Can you read the handwriting on the wall or do you need a rifle barrel poked into your ribs or a trudgeon slammed up side your head to get the point? The world is drinking the poisoned Kool Aid of authoritarianism which derives its power from a loss of democracy and inequality. Take note, authoritarianism and inequality are the very bedrock of slavery. Say goodbye to your freedoms unless you are willing to fight for them.

To drive this concept home, Fareed Zakaria presents a global view on the demise of democracy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2YoKJfu_90

Anyone still sitting on the side lines while Donald Trump continues to make his own power grab is inviting slavery into their lives.
All the dots of authoritarianism, new age slavery, Orwellian thought, and Brown Shirt like tactics, when connected together, spells doom for Democracy if Trump and his thug cronies get their way. Let us all stand together to block them before it is too late.

Posted on: » Sun May 20, 2018 10:39 am #14

MaureenCarter
REFERENCING: MaureenCarter, Post #12, Posted Feb 27, 2018
If anyone is interested, here is my list of the detrimental effects of income and economic inequality. I am sure there are others but these are the ones I was able to conveniently locate just on this site.

First, here are the ones Doctor A listed.
none

Post by MaureenCarter » Sun May 20, 2018 10:39 am

I am adding food insecurity (increased) to my list of the detrimental effects of income and economic inequality.

Although obesity is a derivative of this in may cases, there are those who are not obese but still suffer from the negative effects hunger and malnutrition.

Where I live in California, if you factor in the cost of living, we have the highest poverty rate of any state in the nation as referenced below.

POLITIFACT CALIFORNIA
TRUE: California has the nation’s highest poverty rate, when factoring in cost-of-living
By Chris Nichols on Friday, January 20th, 2017
http://www.politifact.com/california/st ... ty-rate-w/
"If you look at the official poverty measure in California, we’re about average with the rest of the country," Mayes said. "But if you use the supplemental poverty measure, we are in the lead. We have the highest poverty rate in the nation -- higher than New Mexico, higher than any of the southern states, Louisiana, Alabama, higher than Idaho."

From 2013 to 2015, California had America’s 17th-highest poverty rate, 15 percent, according to the U.S. Census Bureau’s Official Poverty Measure. That measure uses income levels to determine poverty, but does not consider differences in cost-of-living among states. It lists the official poverty threshold for a two-adult, two-child family at $24,036 in 2015.

During the same period, California had the highest poverty rate, 20.6 percent, according to the census’ Supplemental Poverty Measure. That study does account for cost-of-living, including taxes, housing and medical costs, and is considered by researchers a more accurate reflection of poverty. For a two-adult, two-child family in California, the poverty threshold was an average of $30,000, depending on the region in the state, according to a 2014 analysis by Public Policy Institute of California.

Looking at state poverty rates, the second highest is Florida’s 19 percent, followed by New York’s and Louisiana’s shared 17.9 percent rate. The national average is 15.1 percent using the supplemental measure.
Clearly poverty and food insecurity are related in a detrimental way to economic inequality which is corroborated in the following article.

Economic Inequality, Food Insecurity, and the Erosion of Equality of Capabilities in the United States
Michael B. Elmes
First Published November 10, 2016 Research Article

Abstract

This article explores how economic inequality in the United States has led to growing levels of poverty, food insecurity, and obesity for the bottom segments of the economy. It takes the position that access to nutritious food is a requirement for living and for participating fully in the workplace and society. Because of increasing economic inequality in the United States, growing segments of the U.S. economy have become more food insecure and obese, eating unhealthy food for survival and suffering an erosion of “equality of capabilities” that undermines their ability to play a “full and active part in the functioning of (their) community.” Unequal access to nutritious foods in the United States is attributable in part to an industrial food system that is designed to produce short-term profits for industrial food producers, processors, and distributors that extract surplus labor value through market concentration and opportunistic behavior at the expense of the long-term benefits for consumers, food workers (including farmers), and ecosystems. Economic inequality, food insecurity, and the erosion of equality of capabilities in the United States have given rise to protest movements, social movements, social innovations, and some modest strengthening of regulations to make access to and consumption of healthy food a right for every person. Implications for business and society research are explored.

Posted on: » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 pm #15

Doctor A
Volunteer
Volunteer
REFERENCING: Doctor A, Post #3, Posted Jan 16, 2017
Here are my current and additional thoughts on the subject of the community business venture. Although this writing is a bit of a mixed bag, my overall impression of the venture is, THIS HAS TO BE THE GREAT MOTHER OF ALL CROWDSOURCING PROJECTS.
none

Post by Doctor A » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:13 pm

The USA is primed for a revolution and/or a civil war; let us make it a nonviolent event should it occur. The midterm 2018 election for congressional control and the 2020 Presidential race will have a lot to do with the making of these possible events. The FRC business venture, featuring the Economic Inequality Rating App, (EIRA) is a means to bring about law-abiding peaceful change.

Will a civil war, with all of its chaos, morbidity, mortality, and economic collapse, really happen?

31% Think U.S. Civil War Likely Soon
From Rasmussen Reports in Politics http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... ikely_soon
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Thirty-one percent (31%) of Likely U.S. Voters say it’s likely that the United States will experience a second civil war sometime in the next five years, with 11% who say it’s Very Likely.
Robert Reich, a pillar of liberal thought, presents the following frightful scenarios,

New American Journal
Are We Headed for Another Civil War?
June 9, 2018 https://www.newamericanjournal.net/2018 ... civil-war/
Imagine that an impeachment resolution against Trump passes the House. Trump claims it’s the work of the “deep state.” Fox News’s Sean Hannity demands every honest patriot take to the streets. Rightwing social media call for war. As insurrection spreads, Trump commands the armed forces to side with the “patriots.”

Or it’s November 2020 and Trump has lost the election. He charges voter fraud, claiming that the “deep state” organized tens of millions of illegal immigrants to vote against him, and says he has an obligation not to step down. Demonstrations and riots ensue. Trump commands the armed forces to put them down.

If these sound far-fetched, consider Trump’s torrent of lies, his admiration for foreign dictators, his off-hand jokes about being “president for life” (Xi Xinping “was able to do that,” he told admirers in March. “I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot some day.’), and his increasing invocation of a “deep state” plot against him.

The United States is premised on an agreement about how to deal with our disagreements. It’s called the Constitution. We trust our system of government enough that we abide by its outcomes even though we may disagree with them. Only once in our history – in 1861 – did enough of us distrust the system so much we succumbed to civil war.

But what happens if a president claims our system is no longer trustworthy?
The esteemed opinion columnist for The New York Times, Thomas Friedman, recently weighed in on the matter of a possible civil war,

The American Civil War, Part II
Thomas Friedman, New York Times October 3, 2018 https://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/oct/0 ... r-part-ii/
The nation is deeply divided, with each side seeing the other as “the enemy.”
I began my journalism career covering a civil war in Lebanon. I never thought I would end my career covering a civil war in America.

We may not be there yet, but if we do not turn around now, we will surely get where we are going — which was best described by Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., on Monday: “Tribalism is ruining us. It is tearing our country apart. It is no way for sane adults to act.”
What stops it? When a majority of Americans, who are still center-left and center-right, come together and vote only for lawmakers who have the courage to demand a stop to it — now, right now, not just when they are leaving office or on their death beds.
But even this notion is under attack,

Daily Kos
Thomas L. Friedman Acknowledges "The American Civil War, Part II" - but omits a key element.
xaxnar Community
Wednesday October 03, 2018 https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/1 ... ey-element
Friedman calls on the center-left and the center-right to come together and vote for politicians to put a stop to this. The problem with that is that there is no center-right any more, just an increasingly extreme minority consolidating power by every means they can get away with, whether it’s rigging FBI investigations, stealing a Supreme Court seat, or colluding with Russia to steal an election. They are openly looting the country, trashing the rule of law, and using racism and worse to energize their base.
So often we now read the words partisanship, tribalism, polarization, divided, fractured, and the like, all pointing the momentum going in the same direction, so much so that we need to ask the question,

Quora
Is the US going to have a second civil war?
Jim Moore, Journalist https://www.quora.com/Is-the-US-going-t ... -civil-war
With an enormous disparity in wealth distribution, with immigration anxieties and xenophobia burrowing into even the smallest towns, with political divisiveness at or above the boiling point, with tax, education, and healthcare issues threatening the middle class at every turn—pitting the haves against the barely haves against the have-nothings—it is apparent to me that we are seeing incivility and conflict running rampant across the American landscape. There is a fire growing, and it is fueled by the very dry and apparently plentiful tinder of unethical, irresponsible, and careless behavior of national leadership.

Such uncivil conflict may not rise to the bar of armed aggression between states and countrymen, but the background noises caused by rising personal and community frustrations, blustering moral position-taking and righteous chest beating, Macedonian cries from many corners of the country, and the steady uptick of almost fascistic executive orders from a president who appears soulless to many, and outright dangerous to many others…that noise is, to my mind, the drumbeats of a war-in-the-making.
As I have stated previously,
Revolutions, as in the colloquial sense of overthrowing a government or economic system, are many times rapid, explosive, bloody, and with unpredictable results. Yet I hear many people calling for revolution in this manner without really thinking about the real consequences. For example, the Civil War here the USA caused approximately 750,000 deaths. This accounted for about 2.5% of the population at that time being lost. In today's terms, with a USA population of nearly 320 million people, this percentage is equivalent to the loss of 8.13 million people. To put this into perspective, nearly all of our largest city, New York City with its 8.5 million people, would be annihilated. It would mean a massive amount of suffering and this does not even account for the associated morbidity.

From our discussions, Dr. Heetun has expressed to me her desire not to invoke this type of radical revolution. Rather it would be the nature of the non-violent type of revolution. This involves creating change more in line with the philosophy of Gandhi's non-violent resistance. Bye the way, this resonates well with my own philosophy of how change should take place.
The first American Civil War was based in large part upon slavery; a second Civil war will be based in large part up New Age Slavery,

Under the FRC topic of New Age Slavery I wrote in post #2,
Most assuredly Wage Inequality causes slavery, just not the type stereotypically portrayed on television or in the movies. When many people think of slavery they think of modern day Blacks or ancient Jews in the days of the Pharos. The slave, bound with ropes or iron shackles, was restrict in their freedom and forced to perform tasks they otherwise would not do. The conditions caused by Wage Inequality are still slavery but with the physical restraints now being replaced by economic constraints. This type of loss of freedom is slow and insidious but nevertheless real and debilitating in a physical sense. If your parents are poor, there is a greater likelihood you too will be poor. If your parents are uneducated, there is a greater likelihood you too will be uneducated. Those relegated to poorer neighborhoods are many times bound by the chains of drug addiction, poverty, crime, loss of medical attention, and the like. The fence of days gone by that restricted a servants movements is now replaced with a financial barrier of similar impenetrability. Both circumscribe the free will of the individual.

This is now slavery and on a grand worldwide scale. No longer is it restricted to small regions but rather large swaths of society are affected. Arguably one could say there are more slaves now than ever before because of population growth and the economic chains of Income Inequality encircling the planet. The resentment this is causing is growing. A ratio of 335:1 is better reserved for the gods, not CEOs who put their paints on one leg at a time like the rest of us mortals. Sooner or later merely expressing outrage will not be sufficient; it will be replaced with the fury of action.
I also wrote in post #20,
So what is this, "fury of action," to be? How will it be expressed now that we have been shackled and crammed into an unfair cage?

We know with certainty the new Tax Plan will dramatically increase economic inequality. With this comes the inevitable worsening of negative outcomes regarding health and social problems in near lockstep. Listed below are some of these inevitable outcomes as referenced from the research shown in Richard Wilkinson's video:

Life expectancy (decreased)
Math and Literacy (decreased)
Infant Mortality (increased)
Homicides (increased)
Imprisonment (increased)
Teenage births (increased)
Trust (decreased)
Obesity (increased)
Mental illness (increased) including drug addiction and alcoholism
Social mobility (decreased)

When combined in a synergistic manner, these negative outcomes will create a toxic stew of combustible grievances mostly in the poorest communities with some parts of the middle class also being impacted. We also know how people respond to such stressors with the resultant physical and emotional suffering manifesting predictably. Eventually the community pressure cooker will explode with fragments of rage and violence in an attempt to lash out at those who have done them wrong; the wrong doers being those who have treated them unfairly as per the example of the monkey in the video. This is "the fury of action" I talk about.

"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose" are the lyrics from the 1969 song, Me and Bobby McGee as sung by Janis Joplin. There is a lot of freedom gained when you have nothing left to lose. Just ask any anyone who has ever been pushed to the brink.
But "the fury of action" does not necessitate the use of force, armed insurrection, or bloodshed. Let us accomplish our goals by using our minds rather than our fists and take a cue from Gandhi as he said,
In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
And shake we must, but do it in a gentle way.